7.03.2017

Style This: Distressed Denim

Everyone always have a thing for something. I have this thing with distressed denim - or basically anything distressed, shredded, have unfinished ends, or even holes on it - you probably have figured it out by now. I always think denim as lifetime investment. Not only because I can wear it everyday as it matches all of my things, its material is also not as fragile as any other fabrics, don't you agree? From the runway, to it girl Hadid, to streetstyle, everyone is wearing it. And they have their own favorite shade of denim. Few weeks ago I picked this oversized denim jacket because, as a matter of fact, I don't have any. It's a light blue oversized denim jacket that has distressed detail here and there. Plus, although it looks like it is, it's not heavy or too thick at all! I don't know about you but I hate thick and rigid denim fabric considering where I live is hot, and could be really humid some of the time. 


As seen, Hadid is Canadian tuxedo stylish walking on the street pairing it with her black mules. Back to SS15 Faustine Steinmetz amazed me by the crazy shred and distress detail... pairing it with whites and greys. Inspired by the way high fashion designers and celebrities styled their distressed denim, I'd like to tone down my color palette a little to highlight this denim piece. I'm wearing a white v-neck t-shirt with a pair of black cigarette pants and black espadrilles, which is also my laidback/lazy day starters. Completing all of these basics is the distressed denim and silver earrings. Something I'd wear on weekends, out for a movie or hangout with friends.

What do you always have a thing for? And how do you style it?


ISSUU | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM: @ALITACLAUDIA x @VVEEKEND101 | LOOKBOOK.NU | FACEBOOK | 
OTHER INQUIRIES PLEASE EMAIL: ALITA.CLAUDIA@YAHOO.COM

30 comments:

  1. love this trend
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these denims! Thanks for the tips!

    http://violettedaily.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great styling ideas!
    Have a lovely day :)
    Rosanna x
    Rose's Rooftop

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of these picks are looking so cool! Thank you for sharing this inspiration :)
    xx
    https://simpliannie.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing post!

    Mihaailo| mihaailo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this trend, cool jacket!
    Kisses, Paola.
    Expressyourself

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these pieces!! xx

    www.fromluxewithlove.com
    www.bloglovin.com/blogs/from-luxe-with-love-14590195

    ReplyDelete
  8. great :)
    INTERNATIONAL 100$ GIVEAWAY! check out: YOUNG BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  9. That Steinmetz piece is wow. I regret not buying a similar jacket I saw in Thailand! :(
    I’m not a huge fan of denim but any denim I do have needs to be distressed. It adds so much more character to an outfit. Love your inspiration here! You’ve got me loving’ denim a little bit more!

    TFM Life & Style blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. Distressed denim is the only denim I like, love how chic it looks!

    Camila,
    My Vogue Style | www.myvoguestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks a lot :D

    super cool inspiration my dear. I'm addicted to vintage/oversized denim jackets :D
    Loved all inspo!

    NEW REVIEW POST | OMG!! Best BATH PRODUCT for DRY SKIN.
    InstagramFacebook Official PageMiguel Gouveia / Blog Pieces Of Me :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love anything distressed, and that jacket is gorgeous!

    Nathalie
    www.nathalie-alexandra.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a lovely pieces!! Love them!
    xx
    Mónica Sors
    MES VOYAGES À PARIS
    NEW POST: WHAT TO WEAR IN PARIS
    DON'T MISS: FLORAL ROMPER & ICE CREAM

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks amazing! Have a great weekend.

    Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. Definitely one of my favourite trends. I don't think it'll ever go out of style!
    xo
    Siffat
    http://icingandglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! Amazing post!

    Mihaailo | mihaailo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like you oversized distressed denim jacket, the rips are just right for me not too much not too few. Great post!!!

    www.busyandfab.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the distressed denim look! Thanks for sharing babe.

    X Merel
    www.andathousandwords.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this! I'm so into distressed denims right now :)

    xx Alyssa // STYLE VANITY

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm such a fan of distressed denim too; there just something that looks more modern about it. My fav jean jacket is form Topman and is half blue because a smoke bomb accidentally went off near it hehe.

    xx Pia
    http://gymbagsandjetlags.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I like you oversized distressed denim jacket.If you need short formal dresses, see homecoming dresses 2017 here.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm definitely a big fan of the distressed denim look. My only problem is most of my jeans are distressed so I don't have many options for wearwear denim lol.

    xoxo
    Rina Samantha
    http://www.andshedressed.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Looks amazing! Great post!

    http://chicglamstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Loving distressed denim! I don't wear it as often as I should though I need to change that!

    http://www.thekaragon.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love this trend ! Nice selection !

    Nina
    xox
    www.thecrispylipstick.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love how you styled your oversized denim jacket, dear! they are so cool to begin with. You get that instant "rebel chick" vibe, you know what I mean? Oh and great photos, by the way! :)
    xx

    www.stylebydeb.com

    ReplyDelete

Follow by Email

 
Twitter Facebook Dribbble Tumblr Last FM Flickr Behance