4.20.2016

Anything but an ordinary birthday lunch




My mom's birthday was on April 1st. Yes, she was born on April's fools but that doesn't mean she has good taste in humor. Or now that I think about it, probably that explains her lack of a lot. I haven't had the chance to write this post until today because I've been doing a lot of things lately, including my mid exams. I get really left behind at most of my lessons. Also, this week I skipped some classes because, to be honest, I need sleep. I just finished arranging a theatre play. Next week I'll be a little less busier so I hope I have time to catch up with my lessons, and of course, write on this blog. But to sum it all up,the theatre playit was a success. At least from what I've been told. You know people's opinions are real when they give it to you without asking for it first. That, and the sparkles in their eyes. :)

Anyway, these days I see a lot of people doing table decorations. I think it's going to be a lot of fun doing the decorations and designs. Besides, my mom likes surprises a lot more than presents. After all it's all the effort that matters, eh? So I started scrolling through pinterest. And I picked three major colors to be my palette that are silver (I have this thing with this color, okay?), baby blue, and white. I started looking for restaurants with mostly white interiors, then I found this place called Hyde in Kemang (idk why I'm saying this, I've known this place since forever) and thought it's the perfect match for my color palette. So I invited my mom to her birthday lunch that I arranged, and although she doesn't seem so surprised (she didn't know which restaurant the driver's taking her, but obviously she knows I have something to do with it), from the look of her face I know she was happy.

Here's to happier days ahead of you,
you're amazing :)












 Mom's bday #OOTD heheh (I just had to...)


P.S: I try posting my pictures in 16:9 ratio


TWITTER | INSTAGRAM: @ALITACLAUDIA x @VVEEKEND101 | LOOKBOOK.NU | FACEBOOK | 
OTHER INQUIRIES PLEASE EMAIL: ALITA.CLAUDIA@YAHOO.COM

30 comments:

  1. aw you are the sweatest! love the deco and happy for your mom indeed :D

    kiss,
    www.riskinovianti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so sweet! you and your Mom look so fab!!

    http://notjessfashion.com/bali-high

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very lovely birthday brunch and the decor is beautiful!

    xx Falasha
    Bite My Fashion ll Instagram ll Bloglovin' ll Join the Secret Guide

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww so sweet, love your outfit too!

    xx
    Xin

    http://xincerely.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww this was so sweet of you, your mom must be one happy camper to have a daughter like you. Happy belated birthday wishes to her and many happy returns of the day.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Belated birthday to your beautiful Mommy. You both looks incredible gorgeous!
    Kisses, Raysa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both your mum and you look beautiful! Such a lovely birthday celebration!

    Prudence
    www.prudencepetitestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is lovely! Happy belated birthday to your mother! You both look gorgeous!

    xo
    www.carinavardie.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great blog post!

    XO, Jessi
    http://www.mywhiteT.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great event.
    Love your monochrome outfit.

    don't forget to visit me back,

    heymarsya.blogspot.co.id

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely post, dear! .x

    www.fayeisabella.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful way to celebrate your mom, so glad you had a nice time!
    xo
    Siffat
    http://icingandglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. How fun! I love the decor! This was a very sweet way to celebrate! =)

    - Cielo
    Mermaid in Heels

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful mama & beautiful decor :)


    htpp://cassandradini.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I sympathise with your Mum! My birthday is April 1st too and I have memories of getting lots of empty boxes for presents when I was younger!! Looks like you had a great day and you both look fantastic! (I can't believe your Mum is 60 - she looks amazing) :)

    http://www.thevelvetrunway.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. happy belated birthday to your mom!!! love the decorations, it looks so elegant and classy! and of course i love your outfit, so simple and chic!
    have a great day
    xx,
    http://evelyn-halim.blogspot.co.id/

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so cute doll! Happy belated birthday to your mom!
    xx

    https://theweirdbutterfly.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! Your mom is one lucky lady and looks so much younger than 60. Love all the thoughtful decor :)

    xx Yasmin
    http://banglesandbungalows.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a beautiful lunch for your mom! Looks like you had such a wonderful time!
    ~Lili
    www.thefashionsalt.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely photos! Happy birthday to your mom!
    Also, the decor is really lovely!

    Florals&Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  21. happy birthday to your mom! the set up and place looks perfect, love your outfit too.
    www.rebelrebel.co x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awww, what a wonderful way to celebrate your mom's birthday! It's so wonderful you guys spent the day celebrating the way you did. It's gorgeous <3

    And Happy belated 60th birthday to your mom! <3

    xx Bash |   go say   H E Y   B A S H

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a beautiful celebration... Happy Belated Birthday to your mother!!


    Amber
    All the Cute 🎀
    Today's Post: Floral Blouse...

    ReplyDelete
  24. the set up looks so pretty, love it!
    and i love the shoes with that outfit


    http://www.fionnac.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. so sweet! <3 i like your outfit as well :)

    xoxo, rae
    http://www.raellarina.net/

    ReplyDelete

 
Twitter Facebook Dribbble Tumblr Last FM Flickr Behance