12.31.2016

2016 highlights

JANUARY | I've always loved Bubu (my former life partner a.k.a a Canon 500D) but it has gotten old. Bubu had been with me since I was in junior high, so it had been like 6 years...wow. So I thought it's time for me to get a new one. And it seemed like everyone was so into mirrorless cameras (tell me about it). After saving up (like a lot) I got myself a brand new camera that is Fujifilm XT-10. She's Agnija (named after one of my favorite bloggers) and all the pictures this year are pretty much taken by her. This is one of the first shots I took in January back when I first got her home. Yes I watched youtube tutorials because the manuals are boring and I'm a lazy ass.

FEBRUARY | I was so THRILLED to have gotten a chance to study in University of Malaya, even if it was only for three weeks (thankyou UI!). It was my first study abroad experience, and it was really nice to make a lot of new friends. Not only that, I learned a lot about their cultures and went to a lot of places and tried so many kinds of food. Hope to have a bigger opportunity in 2017. Let's see what it has for me :)

MARCH | Definitely the month of fashion. Watched several fashion shows this month on Indonesia Fashion Week (IFW) and Plaza Indonesia Fashion Week (PIFW). Indonesian designers are inspiring beyond words, and I'm really looking forward to what they have already prepared for next year's collection!

APRIL | Although she is the loudest and most annoying person on earth, she's the woman I love the most (and definitely the woman who loves me the most). Her birthday was the chance to make her happy that I never want to miss. I arranged a little birthday lunch to celebrate her 60th birthday. Here's to many more years to travel and shop and pretty much spoiling ourselves. :P

MAY | The concert was actually at the end of April, but this just has to go on my list. Yes, it was #TameImpalaJakarta. I wasn't (and am not) a die-hard fan of them but I love their music (probably the only psychedelic band I ever listen to)! They got pretty visuals on screen. It was surely one dreamy night.

JUNE | Applied for internships. No one called. Seriously, your loss not mine. Spent the whole month pretty much just mall-hopping, and restaurant-hopping, also, art gallery-hopping. Because I need to fulfill my thirst of art, and my instagram page has to be aesthetic as fuck! For God's sake.

JULY | Hello again, #TwentyFourSeven :) I am t w e n t y. This sacred date is my turning point-this and the new years. It is when I measure how much I have achieved throughout my life. I am never so close to satisfaction. It's probably good because that way I always have things on the run, goals I have to achieved. But at the same time, it's hard to feel grateful when you're not fulfilled. I remind myself to be humble, for both the good and the bad things that have happened. Only gratitude changes what we have into enough. Be thankful. :)

AUGUST | This month I celebrated 2 of my friends birthdays. Cheers to my #Leo! Also since I was still on my long-ass holiday, I pretty much just hopping around places in Jakarta trying to find something interesting to do before uni starts.

SEPTEMBER | MY JAPAN TRIP! Sorry I just had to type that in caps. After a long-ass holiday at home, it was just what I need. Although I had to miss uni for a week hehe. I thought Japan was okay, and the only reason I wanted to go there was because everyone had gone there for their holidays whatsoever. But ever since I got back I have been obsessed to this country. Japan is different with Indonesia in so many ways (in most ways, I think). I don't know about you but the only japanese resto I eat in Indo was only Hoka-hoka bento. But after I got back, it was like, I want to try all the japanese resto because I miss being there so much. I took a gazillion pics of Japan streets. Not to mention I was very inspired by the japanese fashion. Such a memorable country!

OCTOBER | So...as you know I was part of UI Fashion Week 2016 as Creative Director. Which means I am in charge for anything creative-related to this event. In October I directed two different theme of photoshoots for the model search pre event. It was really fun, to see what I have projected in mind become something real. Thankyou to everyone who has been very cooperative during the pre-event. Results are up on my ISSUU.

NOVEMBER | The UI Fashion Week 2016 main event is here. It was a four-day event and we worked our ass of to present this to you. Thankyou for the support, and to everyone who had come. It was an honor to be part of an event this big, and as a creative director I'm proud of UIFW 2016 as a whole. ;)

DECEMBER | It's December already. I was glad I survived finals pretty well, hope my hard work goes somewhere. Happy Christmas to you who celebrate and happy holidays too. I celebrated Christmas too, and as for me, Christmas is that time of the year I commemorate the birth of Jesus Christ. I am because He is. And even though I haven't been a very religious person, I believe in him thoroughly and without a doubt. On Christmas day after the morning service I pretty much just lay in my bed watching some movie about drug addicts (it was Requiem for Love). And then I eat. And then I sleep. Most wonderful time of the year.

Tomorrow is the first day of the new year 2017. I'm not one of those people who have a list of resolutions to check. But that doesn't mean I don't have goals on my own. I don't need something specific list to limit or push me for what I will do. I think as life goes by, I'm going to learn what I'll have to do, and it's not always something I have listed before, or even something I need. It could be something interesting along the way. Something completely new. Cheers to the new things we will do, love, and cherish in 2017! 

I will see you next year. :)


ISSUUTWITTER | INSTAGRAM: @ALITACLAUDIA x @VVEEKEND101 | LOOKBOOK.NU | FACEBOOK | 
OTHER INQUIRIES PLEASE EMAIL: ALITA.CLAUDIA@YAHOO.COM

19 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had an amazing year. Hope this one will be even better!

    xo
    www.carinavardie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. may this year bring you to more incredible journey dear :)


    www.tiffannywu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the yearly wrap up. You look like you had an amazing year :)

    www.pennyanddash.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a unique way to summarize and reflect on the past year; I love that you incorporated a photo that was significant for each month. I, of course, perked up at the site of the image you shared for March, that's awesome that you had the opportunity to attend Fashion Week. I'm sure it was such a great and memorable experience! Thanks so much for sharing and I wish you all the best in 2017!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    www.thestylecontour.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That post is just amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great year! Wish you all the best for 2017!

    Love, Janine
    www.florafallue.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great year for you! Thanks for sharing.
    http://zunera-serena.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved reading this post. Hope you had a wonderful holidays. Here's wishing you a glorious 2017 <3

    xoxo Eva | www.evakindles.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know how I'd survive without YouTube tutorials and google search engine hahahaha. 2016 looks like a good year, Japan definitely would have been epic.

    Sxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fotonya bagus-bagus banget! Soms bet skrg udah punya real reader heheh

    ReplyDelete
  11. Definitely was amazing year, wishing the good things for 2017 & yesss don't limit yourself :)

    Herdiana Surachman
    DELUXSHONIST | INSTAGRAM | BLOGLOVIN | GOOGLE +

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a ride! can't wait to see more rad photos in 2017<3
    www.rebelrebel.co x

    ReplyDelete
  13. sounds like you had a superb year, therefore I wish an even more marvelous 2017 to you! btw it's adorable that you name your cameras :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Twitter Facebook Dribbble Tumblr Last FM Flickr Behance