7.07.2015

Uni break





Left-right; M and D

Brunch with my dearests at one of the hippest place in Jakarta: Three Buns. Judging from the name you can already figure out that they sell burgers. Overpriced burgers don't get me wrong, they're delicious. But again, what's not overpriced in Jakarta anyway? After taking a few pictures, one of the servants said that we weren't allowed to take pictures with a professional camera. I said okay. Although really my camera is an amateur. I consider that as a compliment, mbak.

 Faking a candid shot.

 An actual candid shot while trying to fake one. Candid-ception.

At this point of my life, I think I'm a little bit behind every one else. I still can't figure out any real activity to spend my 3-month uni break I have spent half of it basically just laying on my bed streaming tv series. Of course, I couldn't use that to measure productivity of my time. But get this, I am almost nineteen years old. I'm currently studying in uni. Yet I feel like I have accomplished nothing during my first year in college let's not talk about my high school life because I was a lazy ass back then. Yes I get pretty good grades, not impressive, just pretty good then what? Good grades and nothing. And before I even know it I'm gonna be 20. In the blink of an eye, I'm gonna be old and grey.

If at some point we all succumb
For goodness sake let us be young
Because time gets harder to outrun
And I'm nobody, I'm not done
(The Vaccines - Wetsuit)

It fascinates me to see people at my age even younger have done a lot in their lives. I'm not used to see them this way. I used to be those people who always scoff and say "Ah gitu doang gua juga bisa". Yeah I'm well aware that I could do it, but I didn't. People compare themselves to others all the time, whether they realise it or not. This morning when I look into the mirror and see myself, a thought came across my mind, ...What am I doing here? Eat. Sleep. Repeat. Nothing sound more pathetic than waking up having no purpose at all. I gotta do something. This might sound strange also this might sound a lot like bullshit coming from a girl who wakes up no earlier than 10 am in the morning but I'm in need of accomplishments. Not for others, not even for my parents, but for me, and for the sake of young age, I need to.

Wow this post wasn't really about my uni break, was it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Twitter Facebook Dribbble Tumblr Last FM Flickr Behance